Friday, March 17, 2006

GenesisIV

Hello Teacher, I forgot to mention this product from Scotland much of it free for non-commercial use and I have used it as a "yardstick" to compare it to other products in the marketplace. It started as "Landscape Explorer" from WooleySoft at the Humblesknowe Cottage, Ramoyle, Dunblane, Perthshire, Scotland, on a floppy disk and worked with most machines. It's been used in the Sunday press there and elsewhere. I hope your grant is going well with the History Channel, a wonderful resource for it too, not just a show I've found. As I was studying this field it became known as a science called "geomatics" about 1993, because it would work in French and in English. The province in Canada my grandfather came from, Grand Manan Island, New Brunswick, is about 1/2 French speaking and they quickly started a department there for its study. Best regards, George Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment