Sunday, August 08, 2010

MSN: What do you think of the approval of a new mosque to be built at ground zero? Tell us your thoughts.

Watching Errol Flynn movies I see "Cordoba" plays a big role in the plots and intrigues of kings and queens, i.e. "Don Juan" (1948). I've read that this structure may be named "Cordoba House" modeled on the YMCA. As I know it, NYC LPC only decides whether an existing structure is worthy, i.e., unique enough for preservation, though it is a City Charter "arm" of the Planning Commission, it does not decide who, what, where, when, why and how something is built, after the permit process. I have complained about the apparent collusion in the past, Avalon developers in the Bowery presented on the LPC Internet site, as calumny, but to my knowledge they are not, as charged by the rules, supposed to consider post-decision development, and if so the US Advisory Council on Preservation, a Mr. Tom King there last I know, who also has been involved in the search for Amelia Earhart, can be a party to the conflict over significance of the standing or archaeological resource. 

Link: MSN on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment