Monday, January 07, 2008

Rolling Stones Rock 'n Roll Mystery

Back in 1969 two friends John and Terry asked if I wanted to go to the Rolling Stones concert in Madison Square Garden, the show held November 28. I did and asked my friend DeeDee if she wanted to go. We parked John's VW by the Queens Shopping Center and took the subway into Manhattan. Stevie Wonder opened for the Rolling Stones. The mystery is here on the Internet. The songs they played, "Jumpin' Jack Flash", "Carol", "Sympathy For the Devil", "Stray Cat Blues", "Love In Vain", "Midnight Rambler" (the reason I remember which show), "Live With Me", "Little Queenie", "Satisfaction", "Honky Tonk Women", "Street Fighting Man", ends there and is listed as an "Incomplete setlist. No tape extant" yet it lists some of the tracks are on "Ya-Ya's" referring to their title I suppose. Next to that "Mick Taylor jams with Jimi Hendrix in the dressing room" in the following, second show. Where's the tape, if there was supposed to be one, and was there one of Jimi and Mick? Interestingly, a BBC recording was released, played on a jazz station I heard up near Harriman, NY a couple of years ago, which has Stevie Wonder on drums and Jimi Hendrix playing along with him, I thought an interesting set, not ever before hearing Stevie Wonder on the drums. Back in 1973 I saw a bootleg vinyl album for sale of one of the Rolling Stones concerts, I wonder was it that one? Someone steal the tape?

No comments:

Post a Comment