Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Hell From

Re: New York archaeology work I have recently left the employ of GCI (13th Floor at 40 Exchange Place, at $13 an hour), in Manhattan, NY just below Wall Street when without notice it was announced the client "had run out of money". I had been employed in fieldwork since early April, 2005 for them, in Highland Mills, NY (in Orange County, NY near Route 17 and the New York Thruway, north of Harriman, one site very close to Kyras Joel the other abutting the West Point Military Academy). I just recently did some research for a proposed ski village in North Creek, NY, (Warren County) near Gore Mountain in the Southern Adirondacks, which is a very historical hamlet with museum and train, where commercial skiing in the east began in 1934. I attended Buffalo University in Buffalo/Amherst, NY from Jan. 1973 to June 1975 before later graduating in Anthropology at Stony Brook University in 1978 and then attended Graduate School in Anthropology there until 1981. I have worked in survey archaeology along Passaic River and Sprout Brook in New Jersey, the St. Lawrence River, in Ogdensburg, and properties along it to Massina, NY, the Hudson River for proposed PCB dredging containment, and the Black River as part of the initial archaeology survey of Fort Drum, NY. I have worked in excavation on multi-component sites in Bowdoin Park, (Dutchess County), in Cold Spring, NY, (Putnam County) and in Dobbs Ferry, NY, (Westchester County) on the east shore of the Hudson River. With Panamerican I worked on the archaeological survey of a part of the Raritan River, in Bridgewater, NJ, and elsewhere, a few years ago. I feel I have enough experience to recognize artifacts and clues to cultural resources that might be encountered in testing. I am currently available for the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment