Saturday, June 25, 2005

BAGnewsNotes: Certain Results

Long Island-Iran Connection I guess if I had 100 Grumman F-14 'Tomcats' (i.e., 'Top Gun' or is it 'Shogun'?) that I had bought while the Shah was in power and stopped his agents ('Savak' not the Vulcan of Star Trek) from operating with impunity in the U.S. of A. schools, and had had four thousand Grumman employees back then on my side training 'Anytime, baby' and 'Make My Day' (from their patch, an orange tiger kitty in boxing gloves in a 'ring' [isn't that square?]) fighter bomber pilots, I might exude a little confidence. Sitting with the F-14's test pilot on his birthday and hearing from the TV media that we were going to blow them all up if the then USSR made a move for Iran's border, the air-to-air missile technology on F-14's a 'secret', I still wonder today why did we sell it to them? I imagine they were wondering in Iraq too.

No comments:

Post a Comment