Sunday, April 09, 2006

CBSNews.com: Blog

I was summarily fired for having a blog. I am not anonymous nor do I choose to be, most of the time. I wasn't told what part of it I was fired for, only, that having one was enough to fire me. I was next to the damaged "Sphere" in NYC's Battery Park, and its "Eternal Flame" for those that died in the World Trade Center collapse, monitoring a new subway tunnel through the park, finding old batteries, from whence NYC had armaments on its shores, and cannons were once "up the spout" and fired. Swing Shift for the MTA subcontractor Dewberry, from out-of-state. See that "Wired" piece on contracts in NYC? They all go to out of city firms after the Giuliani moratorium on minority contracts. Within %5 should be given to NYers, and minority firms, but "low bid wins" by law, and they don't. The American Association for the Advancement of Science states this anonymous posting is OK, I suppose I should hide like a good "anchoress".

No comments:

Post a Comment