Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Sikorsky Strike

As the son of a Teamster Local 804 member, which the prior president of the Teamsters came from, Ron Carey, a UPS driver from NYC, I really enjoyed this article from Mr. Hoffa. What really has me "ticked" about helicopters (my dad and I sometimes used to load furniture at the Roosevelt Field UPS center, with a moving metal floor, next to "Long Island Helicopters") is the replacement of the Presidential Sea King helicopter by foreign manufacturers chosen over Sikorsky, the "father" of helicopters, though I also went to school at Stony Brook University next to Gyrodyne, a "competitor" in small coaxial helicopters on Long Island the "cradle of aviation". Would it have been too much to ask of the White House to "Buy American"? Teamster President James P. Hoffa on the Sikorsky Strike at Huffington Post

No comments:

Post a Comment