Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Guardian "Cops and Bloggers"

I was recently fired in America for having a blog, a policy I knew nothing about. I had just been hired for the "Swing Shift" 3:30 to midnight in the new subway tunnel being cut and filled in Battery Park in New York City, next to the "Sphere" and the eternal flame to the World Trade Center collapse. We were looking for and found the old "batteries" at the shore where New York defended itself. I was told days after starting the work, no blogs were allowed and received a letter firing me for it, even though my "acceptance of employment" letter had arrived days after I had started work, with my name spelt wrong too. ("New York New York, it's a helluva town, the Bronx is up and the Battery is down" song where I was commuting too) I have continued to blog even though I was "dooced" as the expression goes. I was once, in HAZMAT suit asked to sign, at Chinese "take-away" lunch, an agreement not to speak without permission about an EPA cleanup at the West Point Foundry in Cold Spring, NY across the Hudson River from West Point Military Academy and next to Constitution Island, where a chain was strung across the river to stop the British Navy from a "divide and conquer" and said nothing for ten years, though I think only 1/2 of the boyos signed it. Guardian "Cops and Bloggers"

No comments:

Post a Comment