Saturday, October 08, 2005

BAGnewsNotes: St. Rita's Ongoing

I would like to thank Janet for reminding me of the Chernobyl site by Kiev resident Elena Filatova, which I haven't been to in a while, though my former boss, an archaeologist was during and after their White House siege, putting Mr. Yeltsin in power. It is hauntingly similar, when a disaster strikes, but ours will not be uninhabitable for at least 500 years in some places. I may be jaded coming from the St. Rita's Parish in the South Bronx, NYC, where the church is a basement, its vaulted ceiling the top of the first floor, as I remember it, a $1 a month to attend, where many buildings were being demolished there, in the footprint of the Janes and Kirtland Foundry which built and assembled the US Capitol dome, the "hat box" prior replaced in the Lincoln Administration (allowed to leak by Republicans in the last administration), the wrecking ball still allowed there and outlawed in Manhattan, though I've seen evidence of symbolic "balls". It is a terror of another sort when government is not prepared to, as a former mayor of a California city, (Irvine? he was thrown out of a Presidential debate here in the Bronx, sued the police and lost) stated in his platform, to use the military to respond to disasters and not as Executive branch expeditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment