Monday, August 22, 2005

Live From Crawford, Texas…Joan Baez… | The Huffington Post

Last time I was close to Joan Baez was in the mirror dance exercise room at Stony Brook University. She played there in the old gym, where many, many performed in the 60's 70's and 80's (should be on some sort of Register like Electric Lady Land studios in NYC or something) she was giving an interview but had gotten quite hoarse. She tried to tell us (I was working as Gym Security work-study weekends) she had two researchers she hired trying to understand the violence in Ireland. She had a 'Coney Island Girls' jacket on when she first came to check out the 'stage' which to me was funny she came down to the Hogfarm stage at Woodstock where I had seen her last to sing. Wavy Gravy's thing and all that, that's where I sat after hearing the 'Quarry'. Beats me if they paid off Abbie Hoffman not to show up and make trouble. The chain link didn't last long in the heat of the sun, at least that's what I saw, a couple of trailers and the whole deal came down walking along a country road. Posted by: George Myers on August 22, 2005 at 04:43PM"

No comments:

Post a Comment