Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Gmail - South Central Hisatorical Archaeology Conference

I had the pleasure of meeting the Shelby County historian (Memphis, TN) while working on the Tennessee-Tombigbee Barge Canal archaeology around the Waverly Plantation and Bay Springs, MS with William H. Adams and a number of historical archaeologists. I also had the pleasure of seeing my Uruguayan co-worker there find out that a Fulbright scholar had "taking care" (well the Museum of Man in Paris had something to do with it too) of the hydroelectric dam impacts between Brazil-Uruguay. My point, any way was a question. The Shelby County historian told me that in the Bicentennial, in Tishomingo, MS (NE corner of the state near the highest point and the one of the bloodiest battles of the American Civil War, Shiloh, Tennessee, where its said folk music started) was found certain letters published for the bicentennial that had former Vice President Aaron Burr staying in Tishomingo, (also a band) which the historian thought very interesting. Anything further on the executive that led to the amendment requiring the President and Vice President be from the same party (where I hypothesize, the Electoral College was created for a two party Executive Oval Room? I hope you don't mind me chaining this to the announcement. I would recommend "The Bicycle Club" and "Hueys".

No comments:

Post a Comment