Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Fern Lodge Correspondence - spammed

Oh that's OK. I heard they took down the Alpine? and replaced it? I was doing research there a short while ago for the archaeology review for the construction of the "Ski Bowl Village" and enjoyed my stay there a lot. Last fall worked with a guy whose now probably wife is from North Creek. Though it was very hot that then, I enjoyed learning about its history and how significant the hamlet is visiting the town, county and hamlet offices the Tannery Community Center, ski and train museum, etc. I hope everything is going well there and the connect up with Gore Mountain goes well. One of the ideas was to keep New Yorkers who like to ski closer to home, and some of the effects of gas prices might do that. I have to laugh in the 1930s Wall Street used to have a ski-train to North Creek, maybe it'll be back someday. One of the founders, John Thurman, once had the post office on Wall Street, neutral, before and maybe after the American Revolution. Thanks for the speedy reply.

Gmail - The Fern Lodge Correspondence

No comments:

Post a Comment