Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Woodstock of weather - CNN

Once attending “Planetary Atmospheres” classes during the Vikings landings on Mars and astronomy during the Voyager flyby of Jupiter, I thought I’d pipe up and say Woodstock, NY is a place, the festival in 1969 was dreamed up by “Three men with unlimited capital” (from the advertisement in the NY Times that made it possible and the title of the book describing how it got started and what went “down” written afterwards). I’d been to both, the town the summer before the festival working as a dishwasher at camp Timber Lake, and the music and arts fair the following summer. I think the reason may have been the “sightings” in the town of Dylan, Hendrix, The Band, maybe even Janis Joplin according to one then new real estate agent. Just my two cents on “Woodstock” metaphor. SciTechBlog: Blog Archive - The Woodstock of weather « - Blogs from CNN.com

No comments:

Post a Comment