Saturday, November 11, 2006

Joni Mitchell's 389th Honor...

I met a Canadian Hall of Fame songwriter though I think it was in "Country Western". Mr. Green was/is the primary dulse dealer on Grand Manan Island and had worked in western films in Hollywood years ago. When we met him he gave us a tape of the song, he had come in second for, in the "Write a Province anthem for New Brunswick" contest back in 1988 when we were there last, and some dulse, which is a red seaweed high in minerals that's picked at special low tides and sun-dried. I've seen it as a condiment on a restaurant table in Montreal. I once went picking it near Indian Beach out of a dory across from Campobello Island, in the summer of 1967, only sun that we had that summer. I'm glad Joni Mitchell is finally being recognized, and I don't have to try to make a living "on the tides". Maybe it means they'll take Lightfoot out of the elevators! Rolling Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment