Thursday, November 24, 2005

Re: Stanley Kubrick did NOT like this movie (Spartacus)

I live in the Bronx, NY in NYC (the only borough on the mainland, though I grew up in Centereach out on Long Island after leaving the projects in the South Bronx when this film came out) and was looking through my friends slides from Kodak (wasn't everything then? yes and no, I have some Fuji film slides my granddad brought back from Japan around then that are still pretty good...hmmm the yellow faded on the original print) and inside the Kodak box of slides is a picture of some of the actors (Tony Curtis, from the Bronx, NY Grand Concourse I think, Herman Wouk from where the former Manhattan South Street "Fulton Fish Market" is now, in "Hunt's Point") that came with the slides once they were developed. Interesting, I just thought someone might be interested in the ephemera of the day the film also was. We're still wondering why "2001 A Space Odyssey" by Kubrick and Sir Arthur C. Clarke was not shown in 2001 in New York City, Mr. Ebert's first college review, he wonders too. I have been recently looking at Stanley Kubrick's career a big museum exhibition of his life and film history was recently opened in Germany, and they have some interesting insights from the artifacts.

No comments:

Post a Comment