Saturday, December 15, 2007

Howard Stern and George Takei

I last listened to Howard Stern in the Staten Island Hotel, digging holes along 6 miles of its beach next to the "world's 4th longest boardwalk" when Robin said she had been in the Air Force and those topless photos went public over the American woman soldier saved by an Iraqi doctor in the worst journalistic jingoism perhaps presented in recent history. I'm happy to hear George Takei is now on the show. Howard and I may have some mutual friends from Roosevelt, Ginny, who had some friends at WBAI and Jeffrey who was about 6'6". He and I worked at Timber Lake Camp in Allaben, NY near Phoenicia, NY in 1968. I stayed with him at his folks place as a vacation from the dishwashing. I think with him they won most of the inter-camp basketball games, though the only African American there. Thought I saw Jimi Hendrix in a cafe in Woodstock, NY. A friend's mother reports he was up there with "Either Janis Joplin or a look-a-like" when she went to show a house starting out in real estate. Live long and prosper!

No comments:

Post a Comment