Saturday, March 03, 2007

March 2, 2007 From The Vault: Cronkite On Kennedy Assassination Posted by Brian Montopoli

Comment: I recall seeing the other report showing empty seats at the place where President Kennedy was to speak and Walter Cronkite removing his glasses telling us that the President had died. I was in a small 6th grade elementary class and we used to start the day with the "Today" show with Frank Blair and then have a current events quiz on the report. I was sitting alone off the empty stage there waiting for a clarinet lesson that didn't happen, when I returned to the classroom, and heard what at first I thought was a joke, wasn't. I'm not so sure todays alleged bribed educational television programming should stand without further Congressional investigation or commission. It seems, where before we could at least see television together, a whole new dogma might be in place inside our schools.

Posted by georgejmyers at 09:28 AM : Mar 03, 2007

Further: Believe it or not, the St. Lawrence Seaway, the shipping canal built jointly between the US and Canada as part of the British Commonwealth (President Eisenhower and Queen Elizabeth opened it) is documented by Walter Cronkite at the Eisenhower Locks near Massena, NY. There was a continuous running tape at the small visitors center. Now everyone can make media art. He's an Overseer of the National Maritime Historical Society, based on the Hudson River in Peekskill, NY and I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the avid sailor. Massena, NY Ra(c)quette River Corridor Project

No comments:

Post a Comment