Friday, January 12, 2007

Neowin Poll : Do You Have an Irish Granny?

My Irish grandmother's surname was McEntee, from a border county (searched by the republic every house and dwelling in 1978 (or so) turning up a couple of souvenirs from WWII, no smuggled weapons I suppose. Reported at a meeting of the New York Academy of Sciences in Manhattan, NY).

She was married to a surname Urquhart, both on my mothers side. My father's mom, grandmother's surname was Gregory also from Scotland. I'm a Myers not too sure where from. I wonder if I'm related to the actor whose playing the rock band Who's drummer Keith Moon. I'm distantly related to an Dutch surname Outhouse on Grand Manan Island in Canada, one who was also the first Public Health Officer in New York City.

Hope that's not too much info.

>Myers is an English Surname, however there is a meares which is Irish. Perhaps originally the same. - Neowin.net

No comments:

Post a Comment