Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Spike Lee: I Don't Think African Americans Can Vote For Condoleeza Rice...

Ms. C. Rice appears very well schooled in politics. I wonder if she was part of the "telephone registration drive" the Republicans did in the great state of Mississippi, where I worked on the Tombigbee Barge Canal archaeology clearance. It was a project the US Congress picked over an "Energy Island" for NYC back at the end of the 1970s. The Republicans got all the phone books in Mississippi and the voter records I think. If someone was not on the "poll roll" and in the phone book, they would call them up and try to convince them to register and if they did "y'all remember a Republican called you, y'hear" I seem to recall. When we say "Russia" don't we really mean Ms. Rice was an expert in the USSR? Maybe everything went "south" with the collapse of the former Soviet Union. I personally would have trouble voting for her since on Tim Russett's show she said three times to his question, would she run, said no.

No comments:

Post a Comment