Thursday, September 22, 2005

Slate Magazine

Slate Magazine: "Subject: New Orleans Relief From: GeorgeJMyersJr-2 Date: Sep 22 2005 1:05PM Economics is not my favorite subject, though the chairman of NY's Stony Brook University's Anthropology Dept. was a Mexican scholar of economic anthropology, studying rural markets, and was in Tibet and actually had to leave in the last Chinese invasion. The cash idea sounds good if there is an infrastructure, say Lowe's, Home Depot, aid partners or such that would supply for it. Otherwise, having been 'below sea level' in 1979 with an approaching hurricane, in the wettest summer in MS yet, I might be inclined to take my pralines out of there, with the money. Some of those big stores too, like K-Mart, Target, and Wal-Mart (who's close-by in Arkansas sitting on huge profits, according to Al Franken, PhD (Hon.), might work up some business consortium with government over-site, to provide the rebuilding. Of course, those canals and levees should have some sort of high-tech scan, maybe they could try (instead of looking inside a pyramid) and they should be a priority by the government. How many times have I had to write and tell them to repair the marshes too, where I was once buried, in a LaFitte cemetery, thank you Mr. President Thomas Jefferson, your wife related to the LaFitte's, got me here for a little while (though dead after a heart attack, probably in a hurricane, off the Yucatan) at least this is the legend, no? Napoleon Bonaparte PS That guard who let me take long walks on the beach and sit for hours, the one who found my long-coat and the sticks holding it up, after my hat blew off, I hope they were lenient with him."

No comments:

Post a Comment