Thursday, September 22, 2005

Kiehl's of NY and CA

I just saw Shirley MacLaine (always reminded me of Shirley Gloucester who moved away to the heights of Adirondack Drive, Selden, NY, once nearby the home of a Long Island ski-bowl) again on TV on one of those entertainment TV shows this morning after WCBS morning news. I hear Shirley MacLaine's brother might run for Governor of California (Warren Beatty, a friend shared an Oscar for make-up in "Dick Tracy" I'd like to thank him for). That would be good. He's been in some pretty relevant films to politics, especially reading the "Hollywood Reporter" today online, its 75th anniversary. I loved Ms. MacLaine in "John Goldfarb, Please Come Home!" which has a very interesting and informative description and legal history at American composer John Williams.org page, goes into all the details, and from the scene descriptions he scored the music for, one can get a sense of the comedy. Interesting film sued in the "sue me" state (NY) for using "Notre Dame". My 4th and 5th grade teacher, Mr. Hubbard, of the Riverhead, NY duck farms, was an alumnus and sold World Book Encyclopedias, and had now "Sir" Edmund Hillary into our classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment