Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Adventures with an Ice Pick

I once read this began as an iceman's accident in "From Shaman to Psychotherapist" but this is the real story I think. Very scary. Back in January 1971, my friends and I went to see an Off-Off Broadway play, "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" nearby Washington Square. I've later learned, that Kirk Douglas (and/or son? later?) owned the rights to the production. Maybe they saw it too! My friend John Page thought it a good idea, visiting with girl schoolmates, he the Freshman, on a fencing scholarship at NYU. Liverwurst and munster! My employer's franchise, Zum Zum was on the Square, once to be "just around the corner" in Buffalo, NY too in 1973, according to the newspaper, but Hell "hath" (or Dunkel) like Bavarian fast food, "roast beef on weck" (or the rumor of horsemeat being served resulting in boycott) and The Anchor bar's chicken wings, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment