Wednesday, January 12, 2005

The Diamond Sutra

Seasons Greetings (today many trees are on the curb here in the "wild" Bronx). Here is what I propose, which is really just forwarded from others in the contracts of NYC. If, as is stated, all contracts are subject to the "minimum bid rule" (given to the lowest bidder) then residents of the City, if within five percent (5%) of the lowest bid should be given the contract to perform. I have read of other contracts that have been disasters, though even paid extra for finishing before the contract deadline and then having to be redone, performed by in-state and out of state. Years ago I never completed an "Economic Anthropology" course with Pedro Carrasco, a Mexican scholar who was then the Chairman of the Anthropology Department at Stony Brook University where I was about to, in the Ph.D. program, work on my Masters essays, having passed my comprehensives. The problem was economics and I took a years Leave of Absence, and got involved in archaeology rather than just read and report about it. Dr. Carrasco had been studying markets in Tibet and had to flee when the Chinese invaded. I also had a professor who co-wrote the "Himalayan Woman," Rex Jones, who informed me of Edmund Hillary's recent loss of a daughter in an air crash in Nepal, he had visited my 3rd grade class back in 1961, with the World Book. My Physical Anthropology teaching assistant, Yugen Gombo, was also a Tibetan native. So I sometimes feel odd about digging up Bardo just below their retreat on the Hudson River after "scientific" archaeology failed to find the old cemetery in J. P. Morgan's former summer place, Bowdoin Park. Unfortunately one of the rangers there also jumped off the nearby bridge to his death a few winters ago. Many years ago Dr. Carl G. Jung wrote the introduction to the "Tibetan Book of the Great Liberation" and I have been following the "Diamond Sutra" that is the Dalai Lama (Tensin is his first name strangely like Tenzing Norgay who first went to the top of Everest with Edmund Hillary, the road between them is open again, and, I hear for centuries they had no political border) travels into the Western World where this year he met Bishop Desmond Tutu. It was part of my self-directed study of the writings of Carl G. Jung who was once the head of the international psychotherapy association, which met in Germany where he was "related" (by marriage to Goethe), his teacher Sigmund Freud from Vienna, Austria, when I attended community college in a former sanatorium, another of which Jung's grandfather maintained in Switzerland. They recently found pictures of Dr. Freud with his home movie camera departing the plane in the Westchester Airport, where he stayed with a local physician in the 1920's. He was very fond of film and the physicians family "leaked" it to the press. Professor Jones in a lecture stated that social scientists have found no correlation with any one religion and suicide among humans, apparently it is a similar statistic in all of them. Perhaps, a huge study might be in order?

No comments:

Post a Comment