Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Grand Manan Island, N.B. Post

From: "George J. Myers, Jr." Date: Wed Oct 6, 2004 10:07 am Subject: Tuck Trucking Took my mother Adelaide for one of those "new clear" scans for cardio health and she had a copy of the Grand Manan newsletter, papier, from her cousin Esther from Castalia and Nova Scotia, and noticed another cousin Wayne's ad for an island moving company "Tuck Trucking" and just thought I'd bring it up here and drum up business. Need something moved around, call Tuck Trucking, tell 'em cousin George told 'ya. Thanks for the pictures of hard hat divers setting weirs around 1940, I think I see Uncle Garfield Parker in there with his distinctive shoulder injury, which is why he used to row standing in a dory I think setting traps. His tombstone has an engraved "shadow" of him rowing stand in a dory up in the North Head churchyard. My grandfather Lawrence Urquhart had a small house next door he sold to two island school teachers. We left a chalice in the church with his name on it last time we there. I hope they found it!

No comments:

Post a Comment