Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Erica Heller: How Do I Thank Thee, Sarah Palin?

The election reminded me a little of one part Joseph Heller's "Portrait of an Artist as an Old Man"; one part "Everything You Know" by Zoe Heller (any relation?) another part "Oh, the Things I Know!" Al Franken and part "Tom Brokaw: A Long Way From Home Growing Up In the American Heartland" who announced at like 3:30 am in 2000 that the Bush family had prevailed or so it seemed on the way to the toilet.

I think if the Republicans had nominated former Massachusetts Governor Weld, the once nominated ambassador to Mexico by the Clinton administration, though the Republicans would not stand for the bipartisanship, originally from Long Island, it might have been a closer election, perhaps with or without Governor Palin.  Erica Heller: How Do I Thank Thee, Sarah Palin?

No comments:

Post a Comment